Thursday, May 17, 2012

HP Discover 2012 - An epic event

VegasWedding2010 001 HP Discover 2012, my registration is done, my hotel reservations are done and my tracks and sessions are all lined up. All I have left to do is pack my bags and head out!

 

Last years Discover event was mind blowing, well at least to me as it was my first one. All of HP’s products and services under one roof, all the people and sessions were just simply awe inspiring. I’ll admit I was a little (ok, a lot) overwhelmed as I treated this as the one and only conference I’ll probably ever get to go to. I loaded up my days with sessions around Quality Center and attempts at certifications. I was exhausted by the time I got home and my brain hurt!
discover2011

This year I’m a lot more relaxed as I have a feel for how things will go and I have a more narrowed track session. I’m still focused on Quality Center/ALM but more along the lines of HP’s Performance Center. I survived the upgrade and have gotten a lot of ALM experience under my belt, Performance Center is next on the list. I’m also set up to be more involved in the community and working the Vivit booth.

logo-vivit

One of the sessions I have is the Vivit presented “Deep Dive into ALM”. I have a lot of experience from the admin side of ALM but not as much as I would like in regards to the actual use of it. I know enough to get myself in trouble but some of the deeper aspects like scripting the workflow, cross project reporting and sharing of recourses between projects and the OTA still elude me. A lot of my users are asking for things like this and I can’t always deliver what they want, I’m hoping that the deep dive will address some of these issues I have and help me to be a better admin.

HP_ExpertONEI’m also attempting my certification for ALM administration this year. I’m optimistic it will go well, better than last year. There is a new test provider which I feel good about as I walked away from last years tests feeling I really wasn’t given the right tests or the test I signed up for.

whyConnectI also signed up for the free membership in HP Connect. I’m not sure if it will benefit me any but I’ll check it out.

I’ve been pretty active in the HP Forums and the various QC/ALM groups on LinkedIn and I look forward to meeting some of the folks I’ve talked with. I’m curious to see if the assistance I offered helped them and to get some feed back on things I could do better on. I’m not a consultant or charge for my help, I’ve been down the road of where some of those folks are now and know how confusing or frustrating things can be. If I can offer my help and help them get through their issues that’s payment enough for me. I’m happy where I am and maybe someday I might explore the consulting side of things but I’m in no hurry.

If you’re going to be at Discover this year, look me up! I would love to talk shop with you!

What:HP Discover 2012
Learn about HP Discover 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada - June 4-7, the ultimate showcase technology event for business and IT professionals to learn, connect, and grow.
When:Monday, June 4, 2012 (all day)
Where:The Venetian
3355 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109   United States
Map picture
 
Windows Live Tags: Discover,event,registration,hotel,reservations,Last,products,services,roof,conference,Center,brain,session,Performance,Vivit,booth,Deep,Dive,admin,certification,administration,provider,membership,Connect,LinkedIn,folks,assistance,consultant,road,payment,shop,Learn,Vegas,Nevada,June,showcase,technology,Where,Venetian,Blvd,South,sessions,aspects,users,Forums
Blogger Labels: Discover,event,registration,hotel,reservations,Last,products,services,roof,conference,Center,brain,session,Performance,Vivit,booth,Deep,Dive,admin,certification,administration,provider,membership,Connect,LinkedIn,folks,assistance,consultant,road,payment,shop,Learn,Vegas,Nevada,June,showcase,technology,Where,Venetian,Blvd,South,sessions,aspects,users,Forums

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.